ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Which Huskies should declare for the NBA draft?

lukese7

Oct 2, 2011
At this point in the Huskies season, there are really only two solid potential pro prospects on the roster--Tony Wroten and Terrence Ross. Which one should declare for the NBA draft at season's end? Should both? Should neither? Cast your vote.

I voted for neither because I don't think either is ready for the NBA.

As for Wroten, he has all the skill in the world, but where will he fit in the NBA? He still doesn't have the decision making or ball-control to be successful in the League. He's terrific off the dribble and has incredible vision, but 3.9 turnovers per game in college equates to about 6 per game in the NBA. That's not going to get it done. In short, he needs to be smarter to play point guard in the NBA.

That might not matter, because his size points to him playing the 2 in the NBA. But I find it hard to imagine someone with as bad of a shot as Wroten playing shooting guard in the NBA.

As for Ross, I think he's much more ready than Wroten, but his lack of killer instinct and propensity to disappear from games proves he isn't all the way there yet. He had the talent to average 20 points per game this year, but just didn't always step up. He's still too timid.

With all that being said, both of these guys are essential locks to go in the first round if they declare, and that might be too much to pass up, regardless if they are ready or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT