ADVERTISEMENT

UW loses to UCLA, what does it need to do now?

keenet

Oct 22, 2011
From everything I've been reading, the Huskies' loss to UCLA today means they'll likely have to win 2 games in the Pac-12 Tournament to assure themselves an at-large bid.

I understand this reasoning because the Huskies' resume is god-awful, but I feel like if anyone on the selection committee watched today's game, they would notice that UCLA isn't really a sub-100 team, like its RPI suggests.

They would have seen that UW came out on fire and easily looked like an NCAA Tournament team, but UCLA played well, stayed with the Huskies and kept the game close.

The Huskies didn't look as great in the second half, but they still have the explosive offense and NBA prospects that makes them look like an NCAA Tournament team to me. I think one win in the Pac-12 Tourney gets them in, but it will be close.

Thoughts?

Huskies are Pac-12 champs

Now with Cal's loss, the Huskies are outright Pac-12 champs. It's really hard to imagine the conference champion not making the NCAA tournament, but the Pac is basically a mid-major conference this year. I still think the Huskies need to win 1 game in the conference tourney.

They will play either WSU or OSU on Thursday at noon. Who would you rather see the Huskies play?

I'm going to say the Cougars. Far less overall talent than the Beavers, in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT