ADVERTISEMENT

Looking ahead to USC: UW players & coaches

ksayles

Gold Member
Jun 23, 2011
Game day: Washington hosts USC[/B]

Kaelyn Sayles

It's game day again.

Saturday afternoon, the Washington Huskies play host to the No. 11 USC Trojans at CenturyLink Field, hoping to bounce back after a 52-21 loss to No. 2 Oregon.

Here's what some Washington players and coaches had to say in the week leading up to the game:

Quarterback Keith Price[/B] on getting back to performing like he did last season: "I just got to focus on myself. I think that's been a theme all year is not worrying about everyone else, and it's so hard to do, and I've been struggling with that and I have to enjoy the game. I don't think I've been enjoying the game the past couple weeks. I haven't been playing with the same passion that I was last year and the same pep in my game, the same confidence, the same…swagger. I got to get back to that…Just me getting back to the way I play football, and having fun and not worrying about being a coach on the field and letting the coaches do the coaching and me doing the playing. That's my job and I'm just anxious to get back to that."

Defensive coordinator Justin Wilcox [/B]on bouncing back after the loss to Oregon: "If you're going to be a football player, team, it's like real life ? when adversity hits you, there's two ways to go: face it, learn from it and move on, or you hunker down and put your head down and 'woe is me,' and we can't allow that…Come back to work. That's the only way to do it."

Head coach Steve Sarkisian [/B]on the Husky-Trojan rivalry: "I think this Washington-SC matchup is a classic one…For it to be a game of importance again today as it was a ways back is cool. Both schools appreciate it. I think the players appreciate it…I think it's good that the game is competitive and that it matters."

Sarkisian [/B]on the importance of working as a unit and not placing all of the blame on Price: "It takes 11 guys every snap to be successful, doing their job at a high level, executing and then, ultimately, making their plays, and it only takes one of the 11 to make a mistake."

Offensive line coach Dan Cozzetto [/B]on the importance of the offensive line's job: "If we don't get it done, nothing's going to get done. It doesn't matter who your quarterback is, it doesn't matter who your running back is, if you don't get it done up front, nothing's going to get done."

Cozzetto[/B]: "As long as they're enthusiastic and they're going to give you all they got, what more can you ask for?…If you don't have heart, you can't play this game." Coach Cozzetto went on to say that he is proud of the offensive line and that they do have heart. He also noted that they still have a lot of football yet to play, so they're going to keep working.

The game kicks off at 4:05 p.m. PT and will be televised live on FOX.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT