ADVERTISEMENT

Isaiah Thomas wins NBA Rookie of the Month

J

JohnnyNonReg

About 10 hours, now...

10 hours until The Esteemed Mrs. JNR and I find out the gender of Limabean NonReg. Sonogram is scheduled for 4:30, which means we'll probably actually see the tech at around 5:30.

Crossing my fingers and hoping to God it's a boy. Not that I'll be upset if it's a girl, but I'll take "Teenaged Son Completely Wipes Out the Fridge" any day of the week, over "Chastity of Teenaged Daughter Must Be Constantly Defended With Shotgun."

Wish me luck, Ags. It's gonna be a fun year.

Isaiah Thomas of the Sacramento Kings won February's Rookie of the Month award today. Thomas took over the starting point guard a couple weeks ago and has been absolutely dominating ever since.

If it weren't for Jeremy Lin, it's safe to say IT, who was the last pick in the draft, would be the best story of the year in the NBA so far.

We all saw what he did with the Huskies, so we all knew he was capable of doing something like this. It's just nice that the rest of the country is figuring it now, as well.

Thoughts?

Re: About 10 hours, now...

Annnnnnnnd I accidentally drop this in the "Classic Threads" archive. Goddammit.

Would a mod kindly delete this thread?

Why so many teams passed up on his is beyond me. Every game I watched him play he got past their PG no problem. He always had NBA quickness, and once he got an NBA jumpshot I knew he woukld be very good, but I didnt think it would be happen this quickly.

You have to think everyone passed up on him because of his size. Everyone's afraid to draft a 5'9" (at best) guy into the NBA.

Still though, he did so many things well. He was always the quickest player on the floor, he would always finish effectively at the basket in a ton of traffic, he was developing a jumper (like you said), and I think most importantly, he ran the pick-and-roll really well. The NBA is all about the pick-and-roll, and if you can run it you'll be an effective point guard in the League. Just look at Jeremy Lin.

Lesson learned for GM's, I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT