ADVERTISEMENT

Beat the Purple Gobblers

Johnny0

Mar 30, 2008
You need to beat the Purple Gobblers of Northwestern. lolololololo Losers of the Big Ten Conference. They are always in last place in football and basketball. lololololooololol Cookie pushers of the Big Ten. The chicago papers pushed them for an NCAA bid of close loses, but a lose is a lose, you need to WIN!. lolololololoololololol Never made it to the NCAA just like the Cubs for over 100 years can't make the World Series championship. lolololololololololololool Go Washington, I hate Northwestern!

Hey Johnny quit licking the grease off the papers in Mustard's dumpster it's starting to affect your mind, pretty soon you'll start ranting about your degrees from Indiana, how you coached at Northwestern and how per-who is one recruting class away from a national championship.Always a bridesmaid never a bride located in the Wabash Valley where championship dreams go to die.

Northwestern alum here; Billings, Montana, guy who earned his degree from the country's best journalism school in the old days (1974). I realize this is a really old thread. Hope the first post is not representative of all followers of the Huskies. Just so you know, the Wildcats won the 2012 Gator Bowl, beating Mississippi State of the SEC. They lost a January 1, 2016, bowl to Tennessee but have since won five straight bowls (2016 season, 2017, 2018, 2020 and, most recently, just before Christmas 2023, when they beat Utah in the Las Vegas Bowl (also their victim in the 2018 Holiday Bowl)

And hoops? We finally joined March Madness in 2017 and went again last March. We've defeated Purdue, while ranked No. 1, in two straight games against the Boilermakers. We got blown out last week at Illinois but rebounded last night by steamrolling Michigan State. No guarantees but I wouldn't be surprised if the Cats earn an NCAA bid again.

And tonight (Jan. 8, 2024), I'm cheering for the Huskies in the national championship game. Why? Because I despise Michigan (and Ohio State). Also a selfish reason. As you probably know, Washington opens its first season in the Big Ten by hosting Northwestern in September. I'd love to see my Cats get an early-season test against the defending national champs. Runnerup would. be OK, too, but nothing beats going against the best ... which Northwestern is used to, and sometimes surprises the nation by winning.

I have relatives and friends in Seattle, so my wife and I hope to drive out for the game. Maybe bump into some of you. Go Wildcats! Go Huskies!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT