ADVERTISEMENT

Terrence Ross headed to the NBA

keenet

Oct 22, 2011
The Washington Huskies have announced Terrence Ross will hire an agent and declare for the NBA draft.

No real surprise here, as Ross is easily ready for the jump, in my opinion.

No word yet on Wroten's decision.

Here's the UW release:

SEATTLE - Terrence Ross has decided to enter his name into the 2012 NBA Draft and will forgo his final two years of eligibility at the University of Washington.

"I discussed the pros and the cons with my family and I just think this is a great step for me and it's time for me to take my game to the next level," Ross said about his decision.

"Being at Washington and playing for Coach (Lorenzo) Romar has been a blessing," Ross continued. "On the court, off the court, with school and in life...it's just been a real blessing to consider myself a Husky and get to where I am right now."

Ross (Portland, Ore./Jefferson HS) helped the Huskies to a 24-11 record, NIT semifinal appearance and Pac-12 regular season championship in 2012. As a freshman in 2011, he was part of a Husky team that went 24-11, won the Pac-10 Tournament championship and advanced to the third round of the NCAA tournament.

In 2012, Ross established himself as not only one of the Pac-12's most complete players, but one of the nation's top athletes. He ranked among conference leaders in eight categories: points (16.4, 4th), rebounds (6.4, 6th), offensive rebounds (5.1, 3rd), free throw percentage (.766, 11th), steals (1.3, 12th), 3-PT FG makes (2.1, 8th), 3-PT% (.371, 14th) and blocks (0.9, 13th).

He earned first team All-Pac-12 honors in 2012 and led Washington in scoring, tallying 574 total points - tied for 9th most in UW single-season history.

He also was second on the team in minutes, rebounds, steals, 3-point makes, 3-point field goal percentage and blocks.

Ross was the only Husky to reach 30 points this season, doing so twice. He was second with 9 games of 20-plus points.

Ross flourished in Washington's run to the NIT semifinals in New York. He averaged 25.0 points in four games. He was a perfect 15-of-15 from the free throw line and led UW shooters from three point range, making 15-of-37 attempts (.405).

"We wish Terrence the best," UW coach Lorenzo Romar said from New Orleans, where he is taking part in Final Four festivities. "He was refreshing to coach because of his humility and team-first attitude. We wish him well and anticipate that he will have an excellent NBA career."
This post was edited on 4/1 5:22 PM by Ron Newberry

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT