ADVERTISEMENT

Price by the numbers: UW quarterback getting back on track?

ksayles

Gold Member
Jun 23, 2011
Price getting back on track[/B]

Kaelyn Sayles

Washington quarterback Keith Price has been hard on himself every week, wanting to be better for not only himself, but for his team.

Every week is the same ? he's not sure why it isn't clicking for him like it did last season. People start to wonder where the old Price went.

Here are some numbers to put Husky fans' minds at ease because it can be seen that really, Price isn't having a bad season. In fact, his numbers are pretty comparable to last season.

Price is 114 of 186, with six interceptions, seven touchdowns and 1,080 passing yards.

Not great, but not bad, either.

At Monday's press conference following last Saturday's game against USC, Sarkisian said he thought there was a lot of the old Keith Price that showed up, which was encouraging. Things like some of the playmaking abilities, avoiding the pass rush, getting the ball down the field and utilizing his legs.

"Unfortunately, the ball security issue is something that needs to be addressed and will be addressed," Sarkisian said.

Price said he knows that ball security is something he needs to work on, especially since he's been exposed the past couple weeks.

But after it's all said and done, Sarkisian said Price is playing well despite the turnovers.

"At the end of the day, you look at his game last week, (20 for 28, two interceptions, two touchdowns and 198 yards) it's unfortunate that turnovers occurred, but if you remove the turnovers, he played a pretty good game against a really good defense," Sarkisian said.

Sarkisian said that Price is such a competitive guy that he'll find a way to make sure he takes care of the football in future games.

"I felt that I've been getting better and I'm just growing and I keep getting better," Price said. "Obviously, the turnovers have been killing me right now. I just eliminate those and it's going to be fun."

It's been said all season that Price is his worst critic.

Sarkisian wouldn't change that.

"I love that about him," Sarkisian said. "I think that's a sign of a great teammate, a great leader, a quarterback that has high demands for himself, but also is understanding the position that he's in. Some of that of what he gives himself is probably warranted and some of it isn't, but at the end of the day, he's the guy that's going to take the blame when things don't go great, and he's the guy that's going to give praise to others when things do go well."

And the other guys respond to his leadership.

Wide receiver Cody Bruns said they look to Price first and foremost as their leader. Price's teammates won't come down on him as hard as he does himself.

"Love Keith like a brother," Bruns said. "When you go through some hard times and you lose a few games, people start pointing the finger. We're family, we're going to hold each other accountable, but at the same time, we're going to love each other."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT