ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Who is Washington's most important player next season?

keenet

Oct 22, 2011
With Tony Wroten and Terrence Ross now departed to the NBA, the Huskies are going to have a lot of holes in 2012-13. Who is now the most important player for success next year?

Classy.

Alright, where do you see UW finishing in the Pac-12 North in football? Think they can crack second behind Oregon?

Offense should be good to go even with Polk gone (Price to Kasen should be deadly in 2012), but is the defense good enough yet? I'd say that unit is still probably a year away, even though Shaq Thompson should start from Day 1 and immediately bolster the secondary.

I think the Huskies will finish second in the Pac-12 North. But it won't be easy. Looking at their schedule, they should get 7-9 wins. 10 wins would be very good for this team. With the losses of Chris Polk, Jermaine Kearse, and Devin Aguilar, their offense could end up relying on Keith Price a bit too much, but it could still put up 25-35 ppg. Again, their defense is the biggest concern. They lost some important defensive players from last year, but I believe with Wilcox's new scheme, incorporating the 3-4, and the huge addition of Shaq Thompson, they should improve. Although, given how poor the defense was last season, I don't think an improvement will be difficult to achieve.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT