ADVERTISEMENT

Husky Hoops: Think Positively

tfUW10

Aug 3, 2012
A missed tournament opportunity, no Ross, and no Wroten! This is what one was left thinking about after last Huskies basketball season came to a close. But forget about the negatives looming over Husky Hoops. Here's a few things I was thinking will greatly help the Huskies chances of having a successful basketball season this year:
1) An Early Road Win

The Huskies have recently been notorious for losing tons of road games at the start of the season (and all the way into mid-season for that matter). This year, their first road game is against Seton Hall on a neutral site (not incredibly intimidating), and technically the first "real" road game at an opposing team's home venue is at Key Arena against Seattle U. These are some potentially favorable scenarios for the Huskies as they search to get that evasive win of past out of the way early this year.

2) Pac-12 Teams Ranked

With the publicity surrounding the recruiting classes of Arizona and UCLA, the Pac-12 in general will hopefully impress in the early going of the season and win some games against non-conference opponents. This was a major issue last year as the Pac-12 faired poorly against other conferences. This year, if the Pac-12 can get some big wins early on, and keep teams in the top 25, the conference will actually be playing against ranked opponents during in-conference games! And if the conference plays against ranked teams all year, naturally this means more teams dancing come March.

3) Conference Champ and Conference Tournament Champ WILL Both Make the Tournament!

Though there were plenty of reasons why the Huskies didn't and rightfully shouldn't have made the tournament last year, I'm still shaking my head over this.

--
What else?

This post was edited on 8/21 11:13 PM by tfUW10

This post was edited on 8/21 11:20 PM by tfUW10

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT