ADVERTISEMENT

Washington - Stanford Game Thread

JRowland

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Feel free to post about the game right here. Kickoff is just hours away.

Have to admit that I was once confident about this game but after thinking about it more and more their strengths are just bad matchups for our weaknesses. Their DL vs our OL, their OL vs our DL. Yikes... But I will be screaming my head off...

IMO we are going to have to start strong because over the course of the game I expect Stanford to gash us on the ground. If we can jump out to an early lead maybe they will pass more than they are hoping to

Nice defensive stand for the Dawgs on the first drive of the game. Stopped the run just well enough and Nunes missed badly deep. Exactly what UW wanted to do.

Price misses on a long 2nd down throw that he has to hit on. Stanford gets after him on 3rd down. Both defenses have started great.

Defense plays well 'til 3rd down but Stanford executes well on the slant and gets the first down by a yard.

Nunes leaves the game on first down and Hogan runs outside for 6.

Defense gave a little ground but got off the field. Have to feel like it's a moral victory, but the offense has show it can hold up at the point of attack before anyone gets too optimistic. Stanford's front seven owned that first series.

Price goes to his bread and butter, ASJ and Kasen on three consecutive throws. Good thinking.

Price gets free on the outside and breaks a big one, then Sankey rips off an 8-yard run. Offense is really clicking right now. Still in the hurry up, Sankey gets near the chains.

Stanford's front seven is playing well even though they've given a little ground this drive.

Kasen drops a great throw from Price and the Huskies will have to punt. Huge drop there.

Coons averts a disaster and gets a punt off that could have easily been a block.

Defense is taking away the inside run. They're playing fast sideline to sideline, too. Trufant with an outstanding play on the deep ball, ripping it away at the last second.

Sark has outcoached Shaw, IMO... if you had told me our OL would be whipped as bad as it has been and it would be 6-3 i would have taken it in a heartbeat!!

GO DAWGS! WOOF!

Washington is going to have to protect at least somewhat better to have a chance in the second half. The defense is playing lights out but they can't do it all on their own.

Not the opening possession Washington needed. Get backed up on first two plays and throw well short of the sticks because of ... you got it, pressure.

Only pressure off that corner blitz prevented a touchdown on Nunes' deep throw. He had to hurry it and shot too deep.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT