ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Wroten also heads to the NBA

keenet

Oct 22, 2011
Tony Wroten is following in Terrence Ross' path, as the freshman announced today that he will enter the NBA draft.

It also appears that he will be hiring an agent, so there's no turning back at this point for Wroten.

Tony Wroten going pro

Through Twitter, it looks like he chose today for a specific reason.

@TWroten_LOE: "Wanna thank everybody for the positive comments.. Felt like it was what's best and I wanted to do it today 4 my moms cuz its her bday. #LOE"

I don't know who is giving this kid advice but there is know way that he is ready to compete with the Big boy's of the NBA... They are going to eat him up! He is a great athlete but they all are in the NBA, He is basicly a slasher dunker with No jump shot! Its gotta be about the money.
at least he'll get the 3 year rookie contract, Hope he's wise with his money as he will need it when he hits the D League were they make $25,000
a year... What a waste!

Tony Wroten blew out his knee his junior year in high school. Your knees take a pounding in basketball. Look at what happened to Brandon Roy? Why should Wroten take more of a pounding in college basketball and thus potentially reduce his years of making big money in the NBA?

I think Tony Wroten will do fine. He's a fiery competitor. He can now concentrate on basketball 24/7. He'll learn how to rapidly improve that free throw percentage; he'll get lots of instruction on that outside jumper.

It's sad for Husky fans that Wroten won't stick around longer. But it probably makes the most sense for Tony Wroten to maximize his talents while he can.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT