ADVERTISEMENT

Selection Sunday: Huskies left out of NCAA Tournament

Ron Newberry

Oct 11, 2010
It's not over yet but three of the four regions have been announced and the Washington Huskies have not been selected to play in the NCAA Tournament.

Is it possible that Pac-12 Tournament champion Colorado will be the lone Pac-12 representative?

Yikes.
This post was edited on 3/11 3:45 PM by Ron Newberry

It's official: Huskies out

California slipped into the Midwest Region bracket but the Washington Huskies were left out of the NCAA Tournament.

California joined Colorado as the only two Pac-12 representatives. Hard to believe that a Pac-12 regular season outright champion could be left out, but that's what happened to the Huskies.
This post was edited on 3/11 3:48 PM by Ron Newberry
This post was edited on 3/11 4:27 PM by Ron Newberry

So, it's on to the NIT

We will have a reaction story on UDubNation.com tonight after a teleconference with Huskies coach Lorenzo Romar.

Well, what can you say about the Huskies missing out on the NCAA Tournament.

Frankly, I would've thought that the program that Lorenzo Romar has built at Washington would've carried some more weight considering the Huskies did win the Pac-12 regular season title outright.

I mean what is more difficult and impressive: A regular season title that encompasses the entire season, or winning a conference tournament title that lasts a weekend?

It's what makes winning the conference regular season title rather pointless, in my opinion.

But this isn't a new argument.

Washington's poor non-conference record and some bad losses attributed heavily to the Huskies sitting out the NCAA Tournament this season.

Still, I'm having trouble with this regular season title, Romar's track record and the clout that Washington should have established by now.

At the start of the season, with so many new players, I never would have thought that Washington would have even been in this position. But the Huskies got hot late, took the title and then lost to No. 9 seeded Oregon State by two points in the conference tournament quarterfinals. A bad loss that has saddled the Huskies into the NIT.

Doesn't seem entirely fair, but life's not fair.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT