ADVERTISEMENT

Long unfazed by USC offer

JRowland

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
USC's offer to four-star athlete David Long hasn't changed anything for the Los Angeles (Calif.) Loyola prospect. That's very good news for Washington. Though Long grew up liking 'SC a lot he hinted he might have been a bit turned off by how long it took the Trojans to offer -- not on a personal level, but they just delayed as other schools got to know him really well and he never fell in love with USC because of that.

When I talked to him this week I steered the conversation towards Washington and he said that Jimmy Lake is one of the assistant coaches he's closest with. In fact, I asked that specific question - which coaches are you closet with? "Coach Jimmy Lake from Washington" came right now.

UDUB's been there all along and with three four-star recruits plus Rapp now on board the program has the credibility to sell Long on being part of a monster class. He does not have set plans to visit Washington this summer but he's keeping one or two visit possibilities open and he could return.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News