ADVERTISEMENT

Husky fans, what's the feel for how well Kasen Williams is going to do this

UGA_Alum07

Jan 13, 2006
year?

I'm a UGA guy myself, but I love college football and have Kasen on my college fantasy football team. Doesn't seem a lot of pundits think he is going to have a breakout year, but I think (hoping) the way he finished last year, his development, and of course his size, will make him a big target this year. I know you guys lost a couple big WRs last year, so Kasen would naturally go into the category of one of Price's favorite targets, but curious if the defenses you guys face will key in on him and if he will draw a lot of double teams. Do you guys have a solid No.2 receiver in case Kasen does draw those double teams?

Thanks for any insight!

Go Dawgs! (the UGA variety, haha)

This post was edited on 8/25 11:48 AM by UGA_Alum07

He should have a big year.

1) UW's running game doesn't look that great this year, meaning we will throw the ball a lot.

2) Williams and ASJ will be the two primary targets, so KW will get lots of touches

3) I also see him getting the ball a lot on bubble screens, etc., as quasi runs, and he has the speed / strength to turn a lot of those short passes into lots of yardage and maybe some scores.

Kasen should have a strong year, especially with the recent injuries to the Huskies roster. Jesse Callier, who was expected to start this year for the Huskies' back field (Sankey and him were in a close battle for the starting spot), went out in the first game with a season ending injury. Also, the receiving core is banged up too now, with Kevin Smith still bothered by a past knee injury, James Johnson with a wrist injury, and Jaydon Mickens now battling turf toe. All of these reasons add up to say that in all likelihood Kasen Williams "should" get a lot of balls thrown his way. Him, along with Austin Seferian-Jenkins, are the two I would predict will be receiving the majority of the passes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT